Check OS Installation Dates
WinXP Pro, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 10
Start > run > cmd > systeminfo
- Open the start menu
- search cmd
- open the command prompt application
- type "systeminfo" (without quotes) and hit the enter key.
1 - Go to the Search Charm How to Search in Windows 8
2 - Search "cmd".
3 - Select the "Command Prompt" App.
4 - Type "systeminfo" and hit "enter".
WinXP Home Edition
Start > run > hcp://system/sysinfo/sysinfomain.htm -> View the status of my system hardware and software
Under "System Software" the operating system should be listed with the install date under "Date Created"
Mac OS X Snow Leopard (10.6)
- Open Macintosh hard drive on desktop, find Application folder and open it.
- Scroll Down and open Utilities folder.
- Open the console window in the Utilities folder.
- In the console, expand the directories as shown below, find and click on OSInstall.custom, you will find the OS install date as shown below.