Stop missing updates from friends on Facebook
Instead of scrolling through your entire Facebook timeline for updates from your closest friends or family, try using this list instead.
If you have a lot of friends on your Facebook profile, then you know how crazy it can get when trying to keep up with everyone's status updates. You may have tried using the Most Recent mode for your timeline, but the posts you want to read get lost in a sea of game updates and location check-ins.
To keep track of the most important updates, you should add people to your Close Friends list. However, just adding friends to the list is not enough -- you'll also need to adjust your notification settings. Ready to get started? Here's how:
Setting up your list
The list manager on Facebook.
- Open the Facebook list management page, then click on Close Friends.
The Manage List button lets you add many friends to your your list at once.
- When the list page displays, click the Manage List > Edit List.
Click the pictures of friends you want to add to your list.
- In the pop-up window, click the drop-down menu labeled On This List and select Friends. Now you can click on the pictures of friends you want on the list, or search by name.
- Open the main menu on Facebook in the top right-hand corner, choose Settings > Notifications.
Adjust the drop-down next to Close Friends activity.
- Next to Close Friends activity, click Edit and decide how you want to be notified about updates (On Facebook and Email or just On Facebook).
Now you'll have no need to scroll through your feed, making sure you didn't miss updates from the people you are closest to. Additionally, you will get notifications on your smartphone or via email for each update (like you would when someone replies to your posts).
Do you have a helpful Facebook tip? Please share it in the comments below.